Alis Grave Nil

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful - Un, Deux, Trois...


First of all I’d like to wish all my blog followers a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

This morning when I came downstairs, I caught Roy the builder sobbing into his cup of tea. "What the hell’s the matter with you Roy?", Said Roberto, my husband. In between sobs and sniffs, Roy spluttered, "She...she...Wilma won’t let me put up my poster in the living room". It turned out that Roy’s son had given him a life size poster of the girl from the Transformers film (not the alien girl, the other one) for Christmas and he wanted to put it in a prime location in the living room and Wilma was having none of it. "Jesus, Roy", I said, "I thought somebody had died the way you are going on". I have zero patience for 10 year old boy-men. Note to self: buy some darts for Wilma.

Well, things are really looking up in the Printemps household. I am delighted to announce that it is the final week of our building project and there will be no more workmen in our house after Friday - YIPPPPEEEEEEEE!!

Reasons to be Cheerful 1, 2, 3...


  • The money I will save on tea bags and biscuits will be enough to finance a Caribbean cruise, including spending money. Ditto our electricity bill from boiling the kettle 20 times a day.
  • There will be no more daily trips to B&Q or Screwfix (pulease!) for strange bits of plastic and pipe bits.
  • I will not miss Roy the builder arriving at 7.30am, working on the roof and banging on the bathroom window to give me the fright of my life when I am in the shower.
  • There will be no more drilling, hammering, radio blaring and Roy and Bob singing duets to Beyonce songs at the top of their voices.
  • I will no longer have to look at builders’ pants/bottom cleavages or listen to their stupid 10 year old boy jokes.
  • I will be able to look out of my upstairs landing window without someone standing on the roof looking back at me with a goofy grin.
  • I will no longer have to listen to Roy’s conversations...with himself.
  • I will never have to look at the plasterer’s assistant’s HUGE multi-coloured pants (sorry, pants again).
  
So, mes amis, this Friday I will mostly be doing cartwheels round the garden.

Update on Previous Post
 
The big black Bentley driven by the mysterious blonde lady was seen going up our quiet country lane again today, closely followed by several elderly neighbours travelling incognito en bicyclettes. Inspector Poirot, eat your heart out!



A bientot.

No comments:

Post a Comment